This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through the links at no additional cost to you.
Thank you to Nonda for sponsoring this post. As always all opinions are honest and my own – I share products that I own and love.
We have two cars, a 2007 Jeep and a 2014 Chevy with very different specs, gadgets, etc. and transitioning from one car to the next can be a hassle when you are used to certain things. For instance, our Chevy has SiriusXM radio, automatic start, GPS, Bluetooth, OnStar, and so many other automatic functions. My Jeep on the other hand is in perfect condition, but I’ve got regular radio, no GPS or bluetooth, and we don’t pay for OnStar in that car.
Sometimes it’s very refreshing to get in my Jeep and not have so many techy gadgets, because it’s like a little throwback to my childhood. With BOTH cars, however, I’ve found some affordable car gadgets that will save you time and money. Over the years, I’ve compiled a list of these gadgets – techy and non-techy, and I can’t wait to share them with you!
Car Gadgets That Will Save You Time
I think the worst part about a car ride is 1) being stuck in a car for longer than you anticipated and 2) trying to find something in your car that you know is somewhere in your car. I’m all about saving time so I can make the most out of my day.
- One of the best investments for those that live through a snow season is the Frost Guard. The first time I saw the Frost Guard was on QVC and I’ve loved it ever since! Say bye, bye to frost and snow piled up on your car and wasted time scraping and shoving all that crap off your windshield. It is very durable and comes in a couple different options.
- These car seat gap fillers are LIFE! No more fallen french fries, spare change, phones and more. Everyone should have these in their car.
- Trash is a huge problem in our cars. Kit has the tendency to just throw gum wrappers, straw wrappers, and a bunch of random crap wherever. I try to keep a small bag in the car that I can just throw away when it gets filled, but sometimes that just ends up causing more havoc. Instead, I opted for this cup holder trash can that takes up as much space as an empty cup and acts as trash can! The perfect solution for my troubles and can fit in any of the cup holders in the car.
Car Gadgets That Will Save You Money
I am that one person who always thinks the worst thing can happen with my car and I will be helpless – the tire will go out as I’m driving 70mph on the freeway, that noise means the car is going to die, if I am stranded I will have need to have food and water, the list goes on. So I am ALWAYS prepared. Especially in my Jeep, all noises make me nervous especially because it is an older car.
- I came across the Zus Smart Vehicle Health Monitor by Nonda. It monitors my car and scans to predict and diagnose any issues. It is one of the best investments. The Smart Vehicle Monitor tracks my trip mileage for tax purposes, shows me where my car is parked in case I forget, and there are so many other features that I love about it. I think EVERYONE should have one of these in their car. It is affordable and can save you hundreds of dollars at the mechanic for less than $70! I think my next purchase will be the Smart Tire Safety Monitor and the Backup Camera.
- I just purchased these emergency escape tools to have in our cars. They are a 2-in-1 tool that acts as a hammer to break windows and a seat belt cutter. This item is a great tool for anyone to have. You could save a life.
- Need a quick interior clean up, but you don’t have the time or money to go in for a full detail? Keep a pack of these wipes in your car and clean on the go. I have slight OCD and hate dust and dirt, so these are my best friend.
A lot of these gadgets go hand in hand with saving time and money. I’d love to hear about your favorite car gadgets or if you have any of the ones above.
I seriously need the seat gap filler, I always drop my phone and panic trying to get it out!
I need to get the Frost Guard for my mom! I actually don’t have a car (city living at it’s finest lol) but I know these would be so helpful for her!
YES YES YES YES to the frost guard!! My mom got it for me for Christmas last year and I was kind of like ???, but it ended up saving me when I lived in Vermont for work last winter and I didn’t have a garage at my apartment!
Girlll, those gap fillers are amazing, how have I never thought of something like that for my car before?! I also love keeping a microfiber cloth and wipes in my car, I hate seeing dust in my car!
Woah the emergency escape tools sound awesome!
This year I am getting a frost guard! I’ve seen them here and there but this post is telling me that it’s time – I HATE walking outside and seeing frost on my window! It takes forever to melt!
Oh my gosh yess!!!! frost guard is totally needed!!! I don’t have a car anymore but I had it in my old one
Im getting my drivers license next month and this is so helpful [especially the tool how to know where u parked your car haha] Thanks for sharing!
Awesome car gadgets!!! I need some car seat gap fillers – there’s no telling what’s fallen down under mine LOL 🙂
Ooh these are quite interesting! I live in a big city where a car isn’t necessary so I don’t have one but I’ll be sure to recommend the gap fillers to my friend who just got a new car! So handy!
These are all great car tools! I need the gap fillers haha. It doesn’t snow here but I imagine the frost guard would come in handy for those who live somewhere where it does.
My fiance has the seat gap fillers and they are a life saver! I always drop my phone down there!
The seat gap filler is GENIUS! I need that in my life!
I remember the Drop Stop form Shark Tank, and remember thinking what a great idea it was!
Tori || Victori Media
I’m putting all of these on my Amazon wish list! Such good ideas!