This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through the links at no additional cost to you.
It’s been a while since I’ve blogged because I have been so busy..but I am trying to squeeze a few posts in here! About a month ago was Austin’s 19th birthday and although I wasn’t able to spend it with him I wanted it to be special. One of the many gifts I got for him was a Pinterest inspired craft. I made clothespin messages! It was a super cute and easy do-it-yourself. Here’s a step-by-step on how to make them!
1) Gather your materials:
2) Write something on the clothespin. You can put “You’ve got mail”, “You have a message””, or whatever you would like.
3) Cut out a rectangle that will fit over the jaws of the clothespin. This will be your envelope. Draw an envelope on each however you would like and then cut each envelope in half.
4) Glue the top half to the top half of the jaw and the bottom half to the bottom jaw.
5) Next draw a trapezoid on a rectangle that will fit in between the clothespin when squeezed open (I used approx. the same size rectangle that I did for the envelope).
6) Fold the rectangle on the lines and then fold the it in half and write a message on the trapezoid (make sure it is in between the borders on the trapezoid).
7) Put glue on both sides outside of the trapezoid (the part where there is not writing) and put it on the inside of the clothespin. The easiest way for me was to fold the paper in half (writing on the outside) and put the glue on and stick it in between the jaws of the clothespin.
8) DO NOT SQUEEZE OPEN THE CLOTHESPIN! Wait till the glue dries a bit and then slowly squeeze open the clothespin to make sure the message is clear and it works. (It took me a while to get the glue right, but you’ll figure out what works!)
9)Ta-da! You have a clothespin message! Enjoy and make someones day! Let me know how this DIY works out for you and don’t forget to follow my blog!
Until next time loves…xoxo,
brilliant leanna! haha. saying that makes me feel like an old person. love you.
worked great even in german! 🙂
Perfect! So glad it worked!
Que lindo! Ótima ideia! 😀
Glad you loved it!
You could also write “Pinch me!” on the close pin
You could definitely do that! It would be a nice St. Patty’s Day gift!
I love this idea so much, its the cutest, yet simplest keepsake that one can give to another. I’ve seen them over Pinterest however never knew how to make them. Thinking of my Boyfriends birthday many months in advance. Thanks a lot.
So glad you liked it! Super easy to make and you can always string them in a room as a surprise!
was looking at steel drums and drifted across this. My wife will wake up to one in the morning. Made it watching the nightly news.
Your wife will love this morning surprise! Such a great love note to wake up to–especially from the one you love!
Wow, what a great idea and super tutorial. Thanks so much! Best, CG