Alright, so I was definitely on a cheesecake kick this past week. After making that Layered Turtle Cheesecake
, K begged me to make him a less rich Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake. I have been wanting to try mini cheesecakes though and figured I could put a twist on these ones…I have never seen Mini Raspberry Swirl Cheesecakes and just had to give it a try.
BAKING TIME! And this time I had my own personal helper, my handsome boyfriend. Being college students, we had to improvise on a lot of things, but hey, that is what makes it our own.
-1 cup finely ground graham crackers
-2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
-1 3/4 cups sugar (2 tablespoons divided)
-6 ounces raspberries
-32 ounces cream cheese (4-8 oz packages) room temperature
-Pinch of salt
-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
-4 large eggs, room temperature
-cupcake liners and pan
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 2 tbsp. sugar. Press onto bottom of liner in pan. Fills about 18 cups (I had to make a second batch because I had a lot of batter left over)
2. Put in oven for 10 minutes (this isn’t always necessary, but I like to have a sturdy crust)
3. Puree raspberries for 30 seconds in a food processor. We used a magic bullet because we didn’t have a food processor and it worked just as well.
4. Beat cream cheese, vanilla, remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar with mixer until smooth. Add eggs until blended.
5. Spoon over crusts. The first batch we made I did 1 1/2 tbsp onto the crust and then added a 2 tsp of the raspberry puree and swirled it in.
**After it baked the raspberry wasn’t as prominent of a flavor as I would have liked so the next batch I did a tbsp of batter and then swirled a tsp of puree on top, then topped off the cup with more batter and swirled in another tsp of raspberry so the flavored could be tasted throughout.
6. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
7. Let cool for an hour and remove from pan and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy!
I packed some for K to take to Hawaii this past week to share with the rest of the Golf Team. Hopefully they were delicious!
Any mini cheesecake lovers out there? What kind of cheesecake do you like to eat?