Within the last week, you might have noticed that I made the switch from BLOGGER to WORDPRESS. I am so excited that I decided to make the switch over to WordPress. Are any of you in the same boat right now? It definitely was a debate for me because I thought I loved Blogger so much. But after reading tons of reviews and asking friends in blogland about the pros and cons, I decided it was time for me to make the switch. After saving up for months and debating (it only took me a year, lol) I am finally a WORDPRESS blog owner.
For those of you debating or who have a friend debating, here are some reasons why I chose to make the switch to WordPress (.org) and why you should think about it too!
5 Reasons to Switch to WordPress
1. Self-hosting: If you are getting serious about blogging, like I was, it is more practical to be self hosted. Plus, no more worrying about Blogger shutting your blog down or flagging your site.
2. Customization: Open up so many more options with plug ins, designs, posts and personal flare!
3. Better SEO = Better/More Traffic: With better SEO trackers right off the bat, WordPress increases traffic to your site (which means more readers!), WordPress SEO is super user friendly.
4. $$ PRICE $$: WordPress is FREE! All you pay for is self-hosting, which in my opinion is worth it, your content is YOURS, you have more FREEDOM, and opportunities are endless!
5. Security Options: With WordPress comes several security options that allow you to protect your site and to own it completely!
So how did I make the switch?
After hours and hours upon research, I decided that I did not want to attempt the move myself. Now I am pretty good with computers, but I just didn’t want to risk it and put in the extra hours that could potentially end in disaster. This doesn’t mean that you can’t do it, because YOU CAN! If you are willing to and are pretty code with coding, it is worth a shot to save some extra cash. If not, I suggest you contact Lisette from High Note Designs (she also blogs over at Northern Bell Diaries) . She offered one of the most affordable packages (that had the most to offer) and she is so sweet. A lot of people want $175-$300 just to make the switch without helping with some of the bells and whistles. Lisette was so nice and willing to move my site quickly and efficiently. She also was very easy to communicate with and helped me with anything I needed.
Have you made the switch? If so, how did it go and what are your thoughts on switching? What are your reasons?