One of my most requested tutorials by other bloggers and business owners, is how to create an Instagram landing page without using third-party tools like LinkTree or Campsite. A few other options for creating shoppable links include Link in Bio or Like 2 Buy. While some of these options do have a free version, you don’t own them.
Read that again. You DO NOT OWN those sites. Which means you are driving traffic to their site first over your own.
Stop Using LinkTree!
LinkTree as well as these other tools allow you to optimize your Instagram bio link to not only direct to a single page, but to house all of your content. It is a GREAT idea and marketing wise, makes a lot of sense. Plus, there is no coding involved (don’t worry, mine doesn’t involve any coding, either!).
But get this, LinkTree is capturing all of your clicks. It’s taking away those conversions from social media to your site traffic and in turn, can decrease your brand awareness.
Unless you purchase the paid version, you are stuck with LinkTree’s branding as well.
And if one of these third-party sites goes down, is banned, or marked as spam by Instagram – I highly doubt they are going to notify you prior to it happening. Let’s face it, it’s happened before.
I remember when LinkTree went down and users were getting errors all day long. My blogger friends were complaining that they didn’t know what to do, because all of their traffic came from there.
Thank goodness I had already created my own Instagram landing page.
Create An Instagram Landing Page on WordPress
Creating a landing page is pretty simple, once you get the hang of it. Unfortunately, I do not operate on other CMS platforms like Squarespace, Blogger, Wix, etc. So if you fall under those, sorry, this post will not be helpful to you.
If you’d like help though, comment below and I’ll use my digital marketing skills to help you. By the way, I am a WordPress lover through and through (it’s self-hosted and you own it) and none of the other CMS platforms do that.
Your followers will have easy access to all of the content they are looking for. In addition, it often increases your website traffic and is mobile-friendly.
Step-By-Step Instagram Landing Page Creation
I have had a lot of inquiries on setting this up for people. If that sounds like something you are interested in, please email me with the subject Re: Instagram Landing Page to hello@changewithusblog[dot]com. I am happy to send over rates to set this up.
- Login to your WordPress website
- On the right hand side of your dashboard, hover over Plugins > Add New
- Search “Elementor Page Builder”
**Note: if your WordPress site is not up to date with the latest WordPress Version, you may have problems. Talk to your developer.**
- Install the plugin and activate it
- Go back to your dashboard, hover over Pages > Add New
- On the new page, click “Edit with Elementor”
- Once within Elementor, watch the video below for a visual step-by-step.
- Drag and drop a heading and title it
- Drag and drop a button and insert your text and target URL
- Under “Alignment”, select “Justified”
- Modify to match your branding using “Style” and “Advanced” tabs
- To duplicate buttons, right click and select “Duplicate”
- Exit to your dashboard, after saving as a draft or publishing and go back to that page under the classic WordPress mode.
- On the right sidebar, you may have options (depending on your theme) to remove the page title, make your page full-width, and more. If you have a very different theme, these settings may be elsewhere.
- Change the URL to something simple. I use /ig but have seen people use the following:
- Once you are ready to publish, hit Publish.
That’s it! You’ve now created your own landing page, which YOU OWN! Yay, you.
Landing Page Tips
Keep it simple! Your landing page is just that – a landing page. It should guide the user to other pages.
- I recommend not having more than 6-10 buttons on your landing page
- Add or remove buttons as needed
- Keep important CTAs up top
- Be consistent with your branding
Pros of Your Own Instagram Landing Page
It’s easy to make the switch and when people check out my link, they come to my website! Some other benefits of your own Instagram landing page include:
- Keep your branding consistent
- Decrease bounce rate
- Increase conversions
- Increase your Google ranking
- Personalize your page
- YOU OWN IT!
So are you going to create your own landing page? I’d love to see what it looks like below and if this tutorial was easy for you to understand. Leave me a comment below and I’ll give you a little love!